- The Limits of Immortality
2. The Princess of Darkness
3. Dreamland Falls
4. For Whom The Pig Oinks
5. The Disenchantress
6. To Thine Own Elf Be True
7. The Electric Princess
8. The Very Thing
9. Swamp And Circumstance
10. Stairway to Hell
I am beginning to wonder whether "the very first thing you see" refers to the title page...that disenchantment is the "entire nature of what you are watching". Someone or some being is, perhaps, "enchanted" ie. put under a spell. The spell induces visions which we are calling the show. The purpose of the show is that this person or being is attempting to no longer be under the spell. OR at the very least, the show is about breaking spells.
- 1 Literal
- 2 Figurative
- 3 Meta-narrative
- 4 References
- A main plot point within the show's narrative is that Dagmar is enchanted by a petrification spell (frozen in stone). We can deduce that whoever created this magic is a powerful magician. It is revealed that Dagmar herself is a powerful magician (her secret chamber in…
In summary, Bean could very well turn out to be a "human bean"==
Here are a few links which help explain what is going on.
- Fairy tales
- Sleeping Beauty
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- Hansel and Gretel
- Suspended Animation in Fiction
Communications of the Highest Kind (talk) 18:44, February 4, 2019 (UTC)
- 1 What has been...
- 2 What could be...
There is much uncertainty about the direction of show, but the few available leads that obviously need addressing and form the basis of the next season are that:
- Bean, Luci and Elfo are all in different places (islands) at
the end of season 1:
- Bean is on her way to Maru with her mother to discover her 'destiny'.
- Luci is in a bottle with Big Jo (the mage who wants the pendant) on the mainland.
- Elfo is dead and washes up on what looks like mermaid island.
- It is unclear who survived the fall of Dreamland, but we know
- Zog is not petrified, nor Derek, so we can assume that he is
likely to lead the quest to find Oona
- Maybe Zog can secure Dankmire to help in the quest to rescue Bean?
- With enough elves blood, key pe…
- Zog is not petrified, nor Derek, so we can assume that he is likely to lead the quest to find Oona
As someone who has been instrumental in building up episode pages and character pages, here are some suggestions for new content creators/editors:
1. If you are unsure where to start, go to Explore > Random Page and keep hitting that button until you find a page which looks either in need of attention, or interests you enough to want to update it. Then dive in!
2. If you want to do overall maintenance editting, then first find a page which looks finished to you and keep that open in a tab. Then compare other pages and see if there are ones which can be brought up to that same standard.
- So for example, start with episode one and see how the other episodes compare. Try and keep with the same format with linking and references etc (use t…
TL; DR - watch Monty Python and The Holy Grail if you haven't already! The show will make more nonsense :)
What's up in Dreamland? As a fan of Monty Python, Simpsons and Futurama, I heartily recommend anyone who hasn't seen Monty Python and The Holy Grail to do so! (And The Meaning of Life / The Life of Brian of course if you haven't). In many ways, the humour of Monty Python informs all of Matt Groening's work, with Disenchantment being most noticeable due to the subject matter - medieval times, fairy tales, early science/logic and of course, religion. All are deconstructed, satirised and poked fun at for their intrinsic silliness.
I could go on and on, but I will say all these elements are Pythonesque* :
- the mocking and deconstruction of religion…