The series follows the story of Tiabeanie, or Bean, an alcoholic princess. She is joined by her elf companion Elfo, and her "personal demon" Luci. The sitcom will be set in a medieval kingdom known as Dreamland. The series is speculated to be made into 2 parts of 10 episodes each, with continuity between episodes.
- Abbi Jacobson as Princess Bean
- Nat Faxon as Elfo
- Eric Andre as Luci
- John DiMaggio  as King Zög
- Billy West  as Sorcerio, the Jester, Mertz and Pops the Elf
- Maurice LaMarche  as Don Cunningham
- Tress MacNeille  as Queen Oona, Prince Derek and the Fairy
- David Herman  as The Herald, Guysbert and Jerry
- Matt Berry  as Prince Merkimer
- Jeny Batten  as Kissy the Elf
- Rich Fulcher  as Cloyd and Turbish
- Noel Fielding  as Stan the Executioner
- Lucy Montgomery as Bunty and the Enchantress
The series, created by The Simpsons and Futurama creator Matt Groening "will bear his trademark animation style". The series is animated by Rough Draft Studios, the same studio that worked on Futurama,and is planned for a 10 episode first season in 2018. Groening has stated that while he has enjoyed fantasy since he was a child, the show was developed as a response to franchises such as Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a huge influence on the show.
- Look for some sort of Easter Egg in the first shot of the show.
- Matt Groening said that this is the first time he's drawn a character (Bean) with five fingers.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
- ↑ Netflix Announces DISENCHANTMENT, a New Epic Fantasy Animated Series from Matt Groening
- ↑ Abbi Jacobson to Lead Voice Cast for Netflix's Animated Matt Groening Comedy
- ↑ IGN
- ↑ Variety
- ↑ Netflix Orders Matt Groening Animated Comedy ‘Disenchantment’
- ↑ Matt Groening is making an animated medieval adult fantasy with Netflix
- ↑ Burke, Justin. "Back to the Drawing Board." The Weekend Australian Review August 11-12. 2018. Pages 8-9. Print
- ↑ Briggs to be part of the writing team on Matt Groening's new Netflix series
- ↑ Monty Python Holy Grail Influence deadline.com