- 1 Hear ye, hear ye!
- 2 Season 1, Part 1
- 2.1 A Princess, an Elf, and a Demon Walk Into a Bar
- 2.2 For Whom the Pig Oinks
- 2.3 The Princess of Darkness
- 2.4 Castle Party Massacre
- 2.5 Faster, Princess! Kill! Kill!
- 2.6 Swamp and Circumstance
- 2.7 Love's Tender Rampage
- 2.8 The Limits of Immortality
- 2.9 To Thine Own Elf Be True
- 2.10 Dreamland Falls
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Notes
Hear ye, hear ye!
- Matt Groening: "It's just fun to take the rules of fantasy and turn them upside down. Specifically with fantasy worlds that take themselves very seriously, [Disenchantment] gives us permission to say, 'No you can be silly about this."
In other words, he wanted to keep Game of Thrones out of Disenchantment to avoid being influenced by it. Rather than taking the fantasy genre seriously, Disenchantment deconstructs it. You can see how well he did by checking this page: Dragon Eggs.
Season 1, Part 1
- Game of Thrones
- Prince impaled upon throne of swords.
- Kermit the Frog / Pinocchio - in the puppet shop.
- When Bean is being carried away they pass Ventriloquist Dummies, and one of the puppets inside is a frog-shaped puppet amd the puppet in the window of the store is most likely Pinocchio.
- Speculative connection - Jordan Peterson: he sounds like Kermit and is fixated with Pinocchio.
- Possible: Blimp
- Probable: Tinker Bell
- When Bean, Luci, and Elfo climbed a tree to escape from the guards in the Enchanted Forest, a fairy appears to them and asks if they're looking for a "good time." Her appearance is like an old version of Tinker Bell.
- Philip J. Fry's Hair (Wig)
- When Bean and Luci are on a quest to get rid of Prince Merkimer and they happen to stumble upon the Royal Wigsmith, and in there is multiple wigs, one being a wig that looks like Fry's hair from Futurama.
- Possible - Queen Moon
- When Bean and Luci were just in the castle somewhere after finding out Prince Merkimer is still alive, they look at a painting and it's of Bean's [presumably] dead mother and her husband, King Zög. Anyways, she has a striking resemblance to Queen Moon from Star vs. the Forces of Evil.
- Elfo and Bean ventriloquist dolls.
- Lisa and Marge Simpson
- When Bean, Luci, and Elfo invite people to their party, when the people lower the gates, there are a lot of people invited including Lisa and Marge Simpson from The Simpsons. Also, when everybody raised their arms, they didn't raise their arms, just opened their mouths to shout with the rest. Look at the very back right side of the crowd and then work your way left diagonally, and you'll see them. [not clear at all]
- Possible: Unknown gray creature
- When Elfo gets away from Bean, there is a gray living thing that is seen running on the other side of where he's walking).
Swamp and Circumstance
- Frodo / Lord of The Rings
- Frogo's Best of Dankmire (Guide Book)
- Wicker man
- The giant effigy was associated with human sacrifices
- Possible: Two People Having Sex
- When King Zog and Derek are walking away from a burning hayman of King Zog, there are two people seemingly having sex at the back right at the bottom of the fire. [can't see it, where are you looking?])
- Possible: Guy With a moustache on Wanted Poster
- When Bean, Luci, and Elfo are walking away from being dumped by Plague Patrol, there is a wanted man in the background
- Dogs Playing Poker (painting)
- Meta-Easter Egg
- An easter bunny lays an easter egg when Elfo returns to Elfwood with Bean and Luci.
- The Hobbit
- A hobbit house in the background
- The Simpsons
- Lisa / Liso elf
- Fry, Bender, and Professor Farnsworth (Futurama)
- When King Zög and Luci are looking back in time, Fry, Bender, and Professor Farnsworth (from Futurama) all happen to be in a time machine.