Emperor Cloyd is a recurring antagonist in Disenchantment. He is the uncharismatic ruler of the Empire of Maru which is served by his older sister, Becky the Enchantress. He is also the younger brother of Dagmar, the older brother of Jerry, and the maternal uncle of the Princess Bean.
Cloyd's clothing looks like magick ceremonial attire. He wears a purple robe with a mixture of layers, a mushroom symbol with an eye (a recurring symbol) on a band around his neck, and a masonic apron (the shape that looks like "M" might be for "Maru". He also wears thick-rimmed glasses.
Along with the Enchantress (his sister), Cloyd is responsible for the invention of the Infernal Amplifier potion which they used in the Destruction of Cremorrah. The powerful pair are also responsible for the "demonic binding" of Luci with Bean (his niece), in order to bring her to the "darkness".
After destroying Cremorrah, Cloyd and the Enchantress appear to want to destroy Dreamland too. To this end, Queen Dagmar (their sister) appears to have been working with them: she used the Infernal Amplifier in an attempt to assassinate King Zøg (his ex-brother-in-law) 15 years prior to our entry into the story - which backfired on her. After being revived by Bean, she goes on to seemingly destroy Dreamland.
- Like his sister, Becky, Cloyd doesn't love children.
- Bean called her uncle by name.
- As an Emperor, Cloyd holds the highest title of any character in the show so far.
- The fact of being emperor does not, however, make him more powerful or influential because he always obeys the orders of his elder sisters, including Dagmar who is the eldest of their siblings, and because his kingdom is not really powerful.
- He seems to love being travesty and disguised, he keep several dresses and costumes belonging to him in the old Dagmar's wardrobe at Maru palace.
- It also seems to have a cocaine addiction.