"I am a crazy lizard queen of No Land"Queen Oona is a character in Disenchantment. She is the second ex-wife of the King Zøg, the mother of the King Derek, and the stepmother of the Princess Tiabeanie. Oona is a Dankmirian, and a member of Dankmire's royal family.
After the fall of Dreamland, she divorced King Zøg and became a pirate, becoming the infamous Pirate Queen.
Oona was born into the royal family of Dankmire and was married off to King Zog in an arranged marriage so Dreamland could have a canal built sometime after that the King Zog's first wife, the queen Dagmar was turned into stone.
Soon after the wedding, Oona gave birth to their first and only son, Derek, who became the heir to the throne of Dreamland.
According to Oona, she tried to get along with her stepdaughter, Bean, but Bean rejected her and their relationship was a weak one.
Oona's and Zog's marriage was not a happy one but they were still civil towards each other with Oona acting like the caring wife and proper lady she was expected to be.
After Bean managed to bring Dagmar back to life everybody was overjoyed and ignored, much to her chagrin.
Queen Oona is from Dankmire and shares in the pale green/blue skin complexion of her people. She also has a long, prehensile tongue which she uses to eat insects. She has long black hair and wears makeup on her face, including lipstick and eyeliner. Her expression is one of perpetual irritation. She wears a purple dress in her royal outfit.
"Backward kingdom full of morons, They all imprison me
Arranged marriage, Selfish and fat-ass husband
Where is my simple girlhood dream of being a mighty amphibian warrior?"
Oona expresses her true feeling as a miserable queen.From the outside Oona seems to behave like a typical queen: obedient and fulfilling the role as a baby-making to procure an heir to the throne of Dreamland. However, deep inside much like her stepdaughter, she hates and despises her role as queen in a kingdom where women are second-rate as well as being in a forceful political marriage.
As a little girl, Oona dreams of becoming a mighty amphibian warrior showing that she is highly adventurous and free-spirited. Her dream is so strong that she willing to fulfill it when she has a chance as shown when she abandon her son and lives her life as a pirate queen.
- Oona can traverse walls in a slithery manner.
- Oona sleeps upside-down from the rafters like a bat.
- Oona is a user of a drug called snakeroot.
- Oona's accent makes her pronounce "v" like "w" and vice versa. The sound "th" is pronounced like "z" and she also rolls her "r".
- "They will pay" becomes "Zey vill pay"
- "We will see who is going to vanish" becomes "Vee vill see who is going to wanish"
- Also, she says "tentacles" instead of "testicles" or "penis".
Oona is Zøg's second ex-wife; the pair married sometime after Dagmar's "death." Their relationship was general civil but unloving. Things eventually took a turn for the worse when Dagmar is resurrected as it is clear that everyone, including Zøg, prefers her to Oona to the point where Zog considered killing Oona to get rid of her.
During her conversation with her pirate crew, she revealed that her marriage with Zog was forceful and she described him as fat sack, showing the seed of unhappy marriage from the very beginning. Furthermore, her hidden rebellious attitude in desiring to be a warrior making her life as a queen miserable.
When Oona managed to return to Dreamland, Zog attempted to reconcile with her (most likely out of fear of being alone) but she rejected him and they divorced.
Oona is Derek's mother. Their relationship so far has not been explored in detail but she appears to love him despite her leaving her son behind to pursue her dream as a warrior, in this case is pirate life, although it's possible she left him in Dreamland since he is the heir to the throne.
Oona is Bean's stepmother. She seems to make some efforts to grow closer, such as trying to give Bean "the Talk" prior to her arranged marriage. For her part, Bean seems at time indifferent to her stepmother, at others bitter at Oona's and Derek's positions within her family.
It is later turned out that she is very much like Bean as she wishes to be a strong and independent woman in a world ruled by men and gender inequality as she dreams of becoming a mighty amphibious warrior women.
- 1. "A Princess, an Elf, and a Demon Walk Into a Bar"
- 2. "For Whom the Pig Oinks"
- 3. "The Princess of Darkness"
- 4. "Castle Party Massacre"
- 5. "Faster, Princess! Kill! Kill!"(no lines)
- 6. "Swamp and Circumstance"
- 7. "Love's Tender Rampage"
- 9. "To Thine Own Elf Be True"
- 10. "Dreamland Falls"
- The Queen of the Faeries and wife of Fionn mac Cumhaill of Irish folklore was named Oona, which is an Anglicisation of the Irish feminine name (Una), popular also in Finland. (Alternate spelling Oonagh).
- Oona is an inversion of the "wicked stepmother" trope.
- The expectation is that she is the villain, but she turns out not to be that bad, not to mention that Bean and herself are very much in common in their mutual disgust of social expectation of women in Dreamland's society.
- Oona is the only one in the kingdom to graduate from Kindergarten
- Oona has difficulties having sex with Zøg due to "the tentacles", but she may be referring to testicles.
- Oona is the first royal to turn to piracy.
- King Zøg: Not like my reptilicus.
- Queen Oona: Hmph! He thinks I'm reptile?!
[Slithers up a wall]
- Queen Oona: [sighs] I need some snakeroot to sooth my nerves... [eats some snakeroot] BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!
Queen Oona: I don't see problem. Your Daughter feels useless because she is useless.
Queen Oona: You think I only came here to show I am better than you, of course I do.
For years know one listen to me even though I am the only one in whole kingdom to graduate kindergarten.